Look # 14. Serve pasta in “polka dots”
My favorite (and fast) “Creamy Trofie Liguri”:
- 500g of trofie pasta
- 10 slices of pancetta
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 ml double cream
- 125 g freshly grated parmesan
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Start cooking in boiling salty water (but I prefer chicken bouillon) trofie until “al dente”. This particular type of pasta can take a while since its thicker.
- While pasta is boiling, fry small pieces of pancetta in olive oil until it gets crispy.
- Mix in bowl cream, yolks and half of the cheese.
- When pasta is ready, drain it, add a few drops of olive oil and mix it very fast with egg mixture, pepper and pancetta. Make sure your mix won’t turn into a scrambled eggs, your sauce supposed to be creamy and delicious!
- Serve wearing polka dots outfit and looking gorgeous in it!
You wondering why I started this post with my favorite pasta recipe? Well, I have certain associations with black and white (white and black) polka dots print. Remember what famous italian ladies like Gina Lolobrigida and Sophia Loren were wearing in 1950’s? Exactly, polka dots voluminous dresses/skirts or even blouses.
As for me, I interpret “polka dots” print a bit differently. Using my “style time machine” Im showing you how ladies would wear it during my beloved period of time – “swinging 60’s”.
On the pictures me wearing: Victoria Beckham dresses, Miu Miu shoes, Vintage earrings from 60’s.
On the pictures Pepper the Dog wearing: Valentino bracelet.
You can shop this look here!
Make-up by Sergey Naumov
Pictures by Thomas BuchwalderCreamy Trofie Liguri, Miu miu, Sergey Naumov, Valentino, Victoria Beckham